Since then the weather has been cloudy and dull and too warm, and all our snow has melted away. The days have been too dark to make any photos, and my energy has been hiding so there is not much sewing to report either.
This morning I took my big scissors and started cutting some plaid shirts I had bought from a charity shop. Our living room floor looks like this when I work there:
I took all these bits in the bin after taking this photo and swept the floor clean. The cutting is a first step of a new quilt I'm planning to make from the Mad about Plaid book I have shown earlier. I still need to go through all my plastic bags, and organized stash, and unorganized stash, and Mr. Kotkarankki's clothes (the worn-out ones!) to find all the necessary dark, medium and light plaids needed for the quilt. And maybe visit another charity shop for more shades. Then there will be a lot of cutting to do. And really many buttons! I may have to think where I could use all the buttons I cut from the shirts; there are usually 10-12 normal size buttons and often 2-5 tiny ones, if there are buttons on the collars and the cuffs.
Soon I will also be starting a tea related project for the Time for Tea Swap hosted by Stephanie, but that will be a secret project because the swap is secret, too. The swap is by invitation only, but there are some great links to free patterns for anyone, if you want to sew or knit something tea related for yourself.