Friday 6 July 2012

Tour de Fibre day 5 - SC finish and some knitting

Yesterday's cycling was nothing too dramatic, and as I don't have any countrymen participating, there is no extra excitement. Therefore I managed to get my Scandinavian Christmas quilt officially finished, with binding, label and sleeve. 


Today is cloudy so the picture quality is what it is. You have seen close-ups of the blocks during the SAL so I will not bore you with new ones. On my sidebar under the Scandinavian Christmas button are all the links to the 7 stitchers who have told me or Melanie that they are playing with us. Each link is to the latest post of the block in question. If I have missed your post, please let me know and I'll add the new link. This has been a demanding project with lots of work, but also satisfied feelings after a goal has been reached. Without the group's support I would not have finished the quilt for a long time, and I hope my finish will encourage others to keep up their good work.

For the rest of the evening I continued work on the baby hat. You can see on my ball of yarn how much I still have to knit to get where I was before unknitting the enormous hat with a dropped stitch.


Finally a peek in the garden; the hosta is about to show its pale flowers:

18 comments:

  1. Well, the quilt brightens up the picture!! Beautiful work, Ulla.
    And so much fun to see how you are getting along with the knitting (o:
    Funny, how many of our flowers have already bloomed, while yours are still coming up.
    Happy tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, your SC looks vey nice. It's a good feeling when the work is done and you have done it very nicely.
    i have some work left on my blue, this was a great inspiration.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. SC is beautiful. I still have one block left to stitch + all the other small blocks. Hope to have mine finished until Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super-Duper, Congratulations with the complete finishing of SC.Looks lovely,Gee,I`m glad I joined the group and sooo looking forward to finishing mine :-)
    Sweet,little hat being bigger every day,good luck on that project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! What a great finish Ulla. Your quilt looks fabulous...
    Oh it does take a long time to catch up when you drop a stitch..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Ulla! Fantastic finish! I'm longing to be in Scandinavia where it's cooler. 101 F today and 104 here tomorrow. Last summer we did not hit 90 much. Your quilt makes me think of cooler weather to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is a lovely work of art. As the US suffers oppressive heat please send cool thoughts our way. We loves hostas. We have tons of them in our backyard and even went to a hosta farm to select some of the more unusual ones. Enjoy your weekend. Happy knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, congratulations on completing the Scandinavian Christmas quilt. It will look lovely hanging on your wall in December. I love hostas and hope to add some different varieties to my garden next year. Too bad about all the work on the hat that you had to take out but I'm sure it will finish much nicer now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge well done Ulla! For such a little quilt there is a massive amount of work in it. Like you, without the group it would've been so easy to be discouraged and do other things.

    I call hostas a kamikazi plant because the slugs eat it, so you put it near a plant you don't want eaten. Shame though as it is beautiful under trees.

    The hat is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING!!!! WOW!! Well done!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS...I love the way you have put the Scandinavian Q blocks and the people who are making them on your side bar!! Very clever...I am enjoying it A LOT!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done for finishing your Scandinavian Christmas! It will look great on your wall when Christmas comes, I was very proud of my one last Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jippi, congrats on your Scandinavian Christmas finish!
    I love your version ;-) Well done !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ABsolutely gorgeous SC finish, Ulla! Your attention to detail shows! What a fun quilt to have for the holidays! The garden is looking wonderful!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Love it! Mine has been resting the last few months, due to life... Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi