Saturday 12 August 2017

Yellow and blue strings

Tiny scraps sorted according to colour. I used these to make 1" wide strings. No wonder my fabric stash is getting smaller so slowly!


Now I have as many blocks as I need, and the quilt centre is ready. A couple of borders will be needed to make this a nice size for a child's bed, or for a wall hanging.


My socks of the week are very traditional, in the warm and heavy yarn men seem to prefer, in the perfect pattern my mother always used for the best fit.


I hope you had a good week and will be enjoying a nice weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Love your quilt. Love the color combo.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Terri, great blocks and colors. Interesting how in the picture the quilt almost looks like it has a border on the lefts side from the bottom quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ulla, your quilt is gorgeous. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you enjoy the process of sissor cutting the scraps? The result is very fluid and contemporary. Nice! The remaining scraps must be about the size for crumb blocks or stuffing. More warm soccksfor under someone 's boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hieno peitto tulossa, ihanat värit ja mielenkiintoinen kuvio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely modern quilt made with such small scraps...
    Another pair of warm socks..

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty modern quilt! I like the way you used your strips and the colors, yellows and blues go very well together. You knit so well, I think you already knit with your eyes closed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like what you have done with the strips, it looks nice :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an unique and beautiful quilt Ulla. Comfy thick socks are wonderful in the colder weather. These are beautifully made too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ulla you are great user of scraps and you have made a lovely new quilt !
    I could use some help with my scraps as well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi