Sunday 12 November 2017

New fabrics, new month

At the beginning of this month Mr K.'s sister came to stay with us for some days, and look what she brought me:


A bundle and some more of Kaffe Fasset fabrics. My plan is to look for a pattern in the Kaffe Fasset quilt books I have in my own shelf, and make something nice for her. These are definitely her colours.

Naturally I have been knitting again. This time I bought a ball of navy blue sock yarn with aloe, and used it with a rest ball of lime green yarn for a pair of socks for my youngest son. There is enough of the blue for another pair for a child, or for a bigger pair with some other colour. Matching yarns for new socks is fun, like shopping in my own yarn boxes.



The rest of the pale pink from my last sock posting was enough for the stripes in this pair I called Vanilla and Raspberry.


All snow is gone for now, it has been raining but there have been some sunny days too. On the cloudy days these flowers make the world look brighter.






3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with those fabulous fabrics.......
    Always love the different socks you knit up...
    Lovely flowers 🌺 to brighten your day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw those pretty fabrics I thought perhaps they were for a quilt for someone else. Really vibrant colors and I know you are more quiet in your tastes for yourself. :o) Such happy colors will surely brighten any gloomy day! You sister will be a lucky lady to receive a handmade gift from you. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll make. You can probably knit socks in your sleep. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though you're not very found of such bright colors I'm sure you'll make a beautiful quilt with all your love. I want to catch up with knitting again, it's been a long break from it. A lovely bouquet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi