Wednesday 2 December 2015

Grey Autumn

I can't believe the whole grey November passed without a single posting. It was a very grey month, warm for the time of the year and not too rainy either. Just the dullest month of the whole year.

We had a little snow on the 21st, it lasted a couple of days making the world so much lighter.


My knitting has been grey too, and black. I learned a new technique in my class, and had to try it.


Here is a knitting tutorial for English rib in two colours. My teacher called this Brioche knit, it sounds more delicious!


Every row is knitted twice, first with one yarn and then with the other, and the result is a dark side and a light side.


What looks like a fault in the first picture, light grey colour, is a large buttonhole for the other end of the scarf. No knots needed!

On Friday I will get a new knee. I have dreamed of a pretty little knee, usually seen on young women with pretty slim legs. Then I thought it would look silly with my not at all slim legs and changed the plan and started dreaming of a knee the size it was when I was young. Then I found out that they just use parts they think are best for each patient. No future for me in shorts or mini skirts then ;o). I just hope my life as a Bionic Woman will be painless after the painful start they promised. For a while there will be no climbing the stairs to the sewing machine or this computer, so I will have to take a longer break from blogging again. I will be able to read blogs and comment on the little iPad.

I wish you all a stress free holiday season, see you next year!

8 comments:

  1. Take care Ulla, good luck with your new knee surgery and I hope for a speedy recovery for you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will enjoy the freedom your new knee gives you once you've healed and done the rehab. It will be a quiet Christmas for you this year but next year you'll be out playi g in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers and hugs for a speedy recovery for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely technique and yes, tasty too! Sending you happy and quick healing thoughts for your new knee. I've never had a Bionic Woman friend and now I will. Wishing sunshine in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your new and pretty and painless knee.
    Love the scarf.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time passes quickly when you're busy. I do hope the operation is a success and in time, you will feel that it was all worth it - the pain and recuperation. Have a lovely break and I guess you will be knitting, crocheting and reading your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liebe Ulla, ich hoffe alles ist gut gegangen mit deiner Knieoperation und du bald wieder gut Treppen steigen und laufen kannst. Auf jeden Fall wünsche ich dir gute Genesung und natürlich auch sonst ein wunderbares, gesundes und rundum zufriedenes 2016 mit viel freier Zeit für Hobbies! Herzliche Grüsse, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an effective technique! So Art Deco! I hope your new knee is behaving, and you are recovering well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi