Once I had the box with my father's old shirts out in the daylight when I repaired mother's old quilt, I took a better look at the ready cut 3½" strips and felt like making a little quilt with them.
It needed some more cutting but the 3½" squares for a 90 x 120 cm quilt were easily found. Now I have just the last white shirts left, and some striped squares. The blue fabrics for the star came from another project bag, the Business Class and Stained Glass quilts I made using my son's shirts.
This size is convenient for machine quilting on my domestic machine, so the quilt was finished in no time.
I even had the blue binding left over from some other project, and a light blue flannel with a baby print was in my stash of backings.
Octopus family has five new members!
Here is a closer look at the tubular cast-on I praised in my earlier post. It is easier to make every time I try, this is my third attempt now. I have tried it in a different way earlier, and I'm convinced this new to me way that involves crocheting suits me better.
The new pair of socks. 200 g yarn, two pairs of socks and still some yarn left.