When our first grandson was a baby, I made him this quilt with 15 different dog faces.
It has been used for sleep and play, with the family's dog and a second grandson involved. It looks like some of the play has been rough:
Just a little rough for some dogs.
But almost fatal to this one.
I still had the pattern Dog Gone Cute, so I decided to replace the three damaged blocks and use stronger fabrics this time.
It was easy to remove the blocks because I had only stitched around the blocks. This has caused the fabric hanging a bit loose, so I decided to stitch around each dog too, on every block.
Here they are again, ready for new adventures!