Thursday 17 June 2021

New quilt in process

After a very long break from quilting I have started a new project. It will be a wall hanging for our living room. I wanted something modern, something not too wild.


Inspired by many half square triangle quilts with white or black backgrounds I made my decision: fabrics from my stash only, no plaids this time, preferably unused quilting fabrics instead of recycled clothes, curtains or such.



And what did use? The good side parts of two old white bed sheets for the background, some new fabrics I have bought for quilting but are meant for other purposes, and more than a handful of recycled shirt fabrics (not the heavy plaid ones, though). I think two of all the fabrics are proper quilting fabrics, the rest is something else, as usual in my quilts.
 



My white squares are 4½" by 6½", and the colour bits are from 4½" squares to 2½" and almost anything between those sizes.


Yesterday and today I managed to do the machine quilting, and I have prepared the binding in light grey. I must solve the hanging system problem before adding the binding.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of recycled fabrics for your new wall hanging..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi