Monday 14 March 2022

Yellow plaid

The colours for March in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge are yellow and gold. As I'm only making 9-patch blocks in plaids for the challenge, my choices of fabric are very limited.


I had only two fabrics to work with, and I made these six blocks with them.


The heavy flannel shirt was from my DH, and the other fabric with more yellow was a blouse my mother had sewn for herself and worn a lot.

The yellow colour makes me think of the first wild Spring flowers like coltsfoot and and dandelion, or daffodils, but we have still deep snow and night temperatures down to 8 degrees below freezing point. Luckily the sun is yellow in the bright blue sky. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great using the plaids.
    Hope it warms up for you soon and cools down for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring comes... you can see it in your new blocks. I think it's particularly great that you turn old into new. I recently sewed a hat out of an old blouse... with a houndstooth pattern.
    I hope spring comes to you soon. I was at the nursery yesterday and bought pansies which I plant as a touch of color in the flower bed in front of the plant... in the nursery's greenhouse I was so relaxed with the wonderful colorful flowers... so beautiful... I have photos on my blog.
    Many greetings to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks, my best friend loves yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi