Sunday 15 May 2022

Sage and forest green

After some busy knitting I decided to take the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for this month. The colours are sage and forest green, most pleasing colours for men's plaid shirts. My special stash is full of men's shirts, washed, cut apart and ironed, sorted by colour and waiting for inspiring projects. My RSC block is a simple 9-patch with white. The idea of forest green is luckily a very wide range of green shades, from pine and fir and juniper to early Spring or Summer leaves of birch, aspen, willow and alder, moss greens and all kinds of forest flowers. This is my selection:



Normally I would have chosen only plaids, but the solid green at the center was too nice to be left out.



I have not yet decided how to set the blocks. If I'm going to make several new blocks each month I may have enough blocks to make two new quilts at the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ulla, I too love plaids and I look forward to seeing this when completed. Hope you are doing good. Always enjoy seeing your work. Have a beautiful day. Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi