Monday 23 October 2023

New Quilt in Process

Sometimes I want to start a new quilt just to use up the hundreds of little squares I have cut from final rests of fabrics and stored in neat boxes. I made the dolls' quilts with such squares and other project rests when I was looking through my 2½" square collection. Naturally I had to cut just a few new squares to get the required number of 4-patch blocks.


For the alternating 150 HST squares I allowed myself to buy some new fabric, my all time cheerful favorite grey! The beige is from my stash. Here I was testing the arrangement of the blocks. One upside down 4-patch escaped my control and I had to unpick it later. Luckily it was so close to the end of its row! (Right end of second row from the top, to save you the trouble of finding it.)
 

And this is how far I got before I got my first flu since the pandemic started, and recovering has been very slow. The backing has been washed and ironed, and I hope to find the energy to get back to work later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Love your top, Ulla. It's a lovely balance of neutrals and COLOR. I never get that right. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! It’s always surprising what we can make with small bits….
    Maria lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi