Thursday 21 February 2019

Production line

 This week I have been working on a production line. I found an abandoned jacket Mr K. has used for dusty work on his bamboo rods. It had holes, stains and missing buttons and it was doomed to the textile recycling bag, but I saw that the back part and the top of both sleeves was clean and in good condition, so I took my simple pattern for trousers and cut four pairs of shorts and one pair of long trousers, and then binned the rest what was left. I also found two pairs of kind of khaki shorts I had made some years ago for "my one day box" waiting for these dolls. Summer pants situation good, Winter ones still to do!



Then I went "shopping" in my wool fabric box and some other boxes, and found a pair of orphan sleeves in red and white. They will make some lovely garments for my girl dolls.



The green blouse fabric rests from my mother's sewing room will make a beautiful lining for a coat.


The youngest boy's dungarees need the shoulder straps fastened, button holes and buttons, and the final inseam sewn. I chose the worn part at the elbow from the jacket for the backside of these, because I remember from the books that Roger's bottom needed patching. Boys around age 7 tend to wear out their clothes even faster than they can outgrow them! He has now hair and a wool jumper and socks already, so it will not take too long before you can meet him.



4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the outfits on the dolls, they are always so cute. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dolls and your fabric finds are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great pants for the boys and the old jumper will be lovely for the girls ..
    Look forward to seeing all the dolls ready to go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm attempting to comment again. Testing, testing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi