Wednesday 22 January 2020

New year, new projects

After Christmas I often feel a little in the mood for Christmas sewing, so I made this basket for the last Christmas chocolates.


I have been sewing some QAYG blocks for Oz Comfort Quilts. I had fabric strips sorted by color in cardboard bins, and after this project they are no longer overflowing. All batting came from the bits left over when I have trimmed my quilts to size after quilting, so the blocks are all scraps put to good use. The backing fabrics were cut to 11" squares and the blocks trimmed to 10 ½".


My last Christmas amaryllis yesterday. This was the third stem with four flowers.


The weather is playing tricks/global warming is here. We have only had snow for a couple of days in December, and now my daffodils think it is Spring already! Normally they would look like this in April and have flowers in May.



3 comments:

  1. Many thanks Ulla. The QAYG blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful of you Ulla to make the QAYG blocks to send all the way to Aussie...
    Cute sweet basket .
    Pretty last Blooms.
    Definitely weird weather all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small projects are good to keep busy with. The basket will be used for many years to come and with the fabrics you've chosen you can use it all year round. We now have snow but since the next few days are supposed to hit 2, this snow may be gone soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi