Saturday 6 February 2021

Grey knitting, sunny days

Knitting in the evenings in front of the TV is my way of relaxing. It feels like I'm not totally wasting my time when I knit. I found this version of basket weave stitches and liked it, as it was very easy to remember and didn't require counting more than five rows.


The father of the little knight from the previous post got these mittens to match his son. The yarns are from a pullover I had started to knit for him when he was still a schoolboy living at home. At that time my arms refused to cooperate with long needles and big pieces of knitting, and I developed a tennis elbow, I who have never even played tennis! The son has grown a lot since I began the knitting, so the wisest thing to do was to unravel the knitted half of a pullover, soak the skeins and wind the dry yarn into balls for new knitting projects.


We have had lots of snow this Winter unlike last year when we had none. Mr. K pushes the snow further away from the drive so there will be space for more snow to come. These old apple trees are in our new garden in afternoon sun.


We are only half way done with Winter by now, there may well be lots of new snow at the end of March and it may snow some as late as end of April and beginning of May. Now we are enjoying some sunny days and clear skies, and having but not so much enjoying temperatures of -20 C.


The hares are making their paths in the snow when we are not watching.

4 comments:

  1. You knit the most gorgeous socks 🧦 🧦 ..
    Re using the yarns for the mittens was a good idea.
    Both the socks and mittens will be cosy in the snowy weather...
    Love the photos.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hienot sukat ja lapaset. Luonto on nyt kyllä niin kaunista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely knittings, nice socks and handcuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow looks lovely, but I don't think I would want to see it here anymore!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi