Tuesday 4 April 2023

Sunflowers

For a change I made a little table runner with sunflower blocks. No plaids this time, just solid colors.


These socks are like made for Easter, light and striped and yellow and white. We still have ice and snow, night temperatures down to - 10 C or so, and - 6 C in the mornings, so warm socks are a sensible choice. I used some leftover yellow yarn for the stripes of these socks. I had about half a meter of the yellow yarn left after the last row so I could see that it would not be enough for a row of yellow dots for both socks, and it was time to make the heels. As always, I knit both socks at the same time so I can see how far a yarn rest will take me.


This method helps me keep track on the number of rows and adding stitches or any other changes along the way, and both socks will look the same.
For this pair of men's socks I used the rest of  two different blue yarns together with the basic grey, which seems to be a trusted favorite among men.



And finally a pair of bed socks in natural white baby wool.


The pattern is not quite what I meant. I didn't remember exactly what the easy lace pattern from my school days looked like, so I (lazy as I was, I didn't go looking for my old notes or for that blog post in the link) just knitted something in that direction.


More purled stitches between the yo, 3 tog, yo repeats, and maybe a knit row or two would have made this look like the school project revisited, but I think this "new" lace is not too bad either. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your Sunflower table runner and all those lovely socks.
    The Lacey pair look great.
    Maria lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi