Wednesday 13 March 2024

To pass the time

The Winter has been long and my energy levels low, but my needles have been busy anyway. Here is the collection I have finished this year: socks in different sizes and some mittens too.


The quilt top is now waiting for some final ironing. I need to put the backing together from two unused sheets before I can layer the quilt for machine quilting.


When the weather is not good or the pavements too icy, I prefer to stay in the house and do something fun, like putting together the jigsaw puzzles together with Mr. K. This one was especially tricky, and irritating at the same time.  


The pieces were sawed in a peculiar way so the rows didn't hold together sideways except in the top and bottom edges. Anyway, we managed to finish it before taking the photo above:
 


I love the old fashioned pictures on many of my puzzles, like this couple:


I don't like cats, but this puzzle was fun as it was so tricky. The boxes don't have a photo of the puzzle so it will always be a surprise to see the finished picture.


I wish the snow and ice would melt away!

2 comments:

  1. Toda una colección de calcetines, has trabajado mucho y tus puzzles son preciosos. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic collection of socks and mittens you've knitted.
    Great flimsy you have there to finish.
    The puzzles do keep you both busy and entertained.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi