Tuesday 30 April 2024

April's News

This April has been full of weather surprises: some very warm days, and then a cold week with lots of new snow and traffic chaos. During the cold days it was still perfect weather for warm knitting, so I knitted two pairs of socks, one in light blue


and the other in yellow and teal:


Then I used the rest of the yellowish yarn with brown for a perfect pair of mittens to go with my warm winter coat.



I finally had the inspiration and energy to machine quilt this starry quilt, the only one I have been working on this year.



I quite like it. The stars are made with two different blue plaids each, and the red 16-patches have a random selection of various red shades. All these fabrics are recycled, mostly shirts from the men in my extended family, and some fabrics come from sewing projects never finished.




 

1 comment:

  1. You always knit up lovely socks and also cosy mittens.
    So good to finally finished your Starry Quilt. Great use of recycled shirts and fabrics.
    Hugs. Maria from lifeontheblock.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi