Thursday 1 August 2024

New Dolls for UNICEF

Finally I have something new to show you here, if you still can find your way to my blog. During the Summer I have made four new UNICEF dolls. This is Kerttu:


Her dark-haired friend is Ilona:


Aura here has typical Finnish hair, straight, fine and fair. Her pretty frock is made from my mother's old summer skirt.


The last doll is Susanna, she will be a retirement gift for a friend later.

Here they all are, just waiting for their identity cards. The UNICEF office as been closed during July but I hope to get a delivery of cards and those little fabric labels to show that they are original and genuine UNICEF products.


By today I have made 90 girl dolls and only used 8 names twice, each time because the new owner wished to give her doll a name I had already used for a doll earlier. Finding a nice name for a doll is part of the fun.

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you pop up…
    Four more beautiful ladies.
    You’d have to wait till she’s made to see which name suits each doll.
    Maria lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all lovely. I have the same hair as Aura. It doesn't hold a curl at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi