How much stash did I use during February? First, two more pillowcases for Jackie's challenge, 2.8 m, and 4 little ninepatch blocks for Illene's quilt. So little fabric that I can't add it.
One bedsheet for DS2, 2 m.
For Stephanie's No Strings Attached challenge, the remaining 60 string blocks, using 3 m for the foundation fabrics and when you think of the amount of seam allowances, at least 4 m for the strings. At least. Now I have 88 blocks, and I can start sewing the top together.
For the wallhanging project - too much unpicking to show any progress - I used 1 m from my stash for the foundation under the houses. The main project fabrics are not my stash.
For a secret project I have used another 1 m.
That makes a total of 13.8 m fabrics used from the stash, and even with the big 8.1 m shopping, the stash is 5.7 m smaller than last month. (I'm still not counting the donated fabrics, because I didn't buy them!) I think it is a good result, considering that all I could finish was two more pillowcases and a sheet.
My tatting excercises are waiting for a clearer head - I still feel dizzy after last week's flu. I have been knitting, too, on smaller needles after the felted mittens.
With March we start waiting for the spring. During the weekend we finally had above zero temperatures, and the snow started to slide from the roofs. This was our garage early this morning:
On the left you can see where Mr. K. has showeled snow away, from the higher roof it came down last night except for the corner bit trying to look like a curtain.
To celebrate the first month of Spring I changed the snowman panel for the bird panel on this cushion sweet Melanie sent me for Christmas. It has a new panel for every season of the year.
It will be quite a while before the apple trees bear blossoms, or even the bird cherries. In fact, this weekend was the first snowman weather since December! But the light is here already, a promise of spring and summer.
EDIT: I forgot the draught stopper, 1.5 m fabric from stash, making total February stash fabric use 15.3 m!