Tuesday 22 June 2010

Charming Pairs

Last Saturday the girl next door got married. Weddings are romantic, I think, so I enjoyed a large cup of tea with a nice piece of pastry substituting the wedding cake. Fore some reason they didn't invite me, but on TV I noticed that there really was no room for everyone in the church. Doesn't she look beautiful and happy?



Her voice was very pleasant and clear, very much like ther mother's. He was moved to tears during the seremony.

Making pairs seemed a suitable occupation during this long broadcast, so I took my half-sewn 16-patch bits and matched them in front of the TV.


   

The church was so crowded that the bride's father had to ask the queen of Denmark gather her green dress away from his place when he came to his seat. By this time I had forgiven the missing invitation. The church seemed to be a very warm place too, and I don't like it too hot. I was more comfortable at home, and hardly had the time for a trip to Sweden. Looking at this picture made me realize that I don't even have a diadem, so I was a lot happier at home, just wearing lipstick and perfume to my normal clothing in honour of the wedding.



This morning I trimmed the blocks, and now I'm ready for tomorrow's instructions of the Between Charming Friends Quilt Along.



I have also been working on the Unicef dolls' clothes, but I will show them as a group when they are ready for adoption.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks Ulla. I think you were far more comfortable than all those crown heads of Europe. :-) And you got to eat cake before any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royal weddings are full of glitz and glamour. Look what you got accomplished at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure that they would have wanted you doing hand work at the wedding anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, very funny blog post! The wedding was indeed romantic, and when I celebrated my birthday this same day, only my MIL didn't appear, she sat by her TV all day long...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A shame about the invite. Maybe next time there's a royal wedding...
    I love the fact that you are using your stash as opposed to charm packs. I think it adds more interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe your invitation got lost in the mail...or maybe Ann and Andy decided to go in your place - you might just see their photos turn up in the news! At least you got some good work done while watching the festivities!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is going to be a charming quilt! Loved the wedding pictures...now that is what I call dressing for the occasion!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so funny. oh i really should join in on the quilt along. it is so small. and i love that you are using fabric you already have. and you are very organized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice post! And what a nice way to celebrate a wedding (where you have not been invited). I hope you heard Daniel's speech at the wedding reception. It was the most romantic ever!

    Your blocks look cute - thanks for quilting along and thus leading us readers onwards to a bunch of other blogs who also quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new quilt is comming along very wel Ulla and you have choosen warm and lovely colours.
    And yes I was watching the wedding too, I loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks look lovely! Very pretty fabric - can't wait to see your quilt top all together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your choice of fabrics...thanks for your comment on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi