Wednesday 2 June 2010

Stash use Report for May

May has gone and it is time to calculate how much fabric I have bought and used during the month. The "bought" part is easy: nothing! The use part was more complicated, but I only finished this dotty quilt:



It took 3.25 m fabrics, all from my stash. I used a red and white small checkered fabric for the binding.



The 11 tissue holders together with a secret project to be revealed next week took 1 m, making a tiny dent in the string and scrap department. Result for May: -4.25 m!

I have started making a bag with strings, but that will be in this month's report. Stephanie's challenge No Strings Attached has a deadline on June 30th, and I think I will make something small that qualifies for the challenge. The challenge projects must be at least 50 % string blocks, and come from stash. The last condition is easy for me!

I hope you have been using your stash for your projects. Buying some new fabric will feel so much nicer when you have.

7 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of the quilt combined with red and white. Very pretty. I'm liking your new string blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that red and white quilt, and well done on your further stash bustin'!! I was very wicked yesterday- I needed plain calico for dolls and whilst I was in the shop I also bought 5 fat quarters, VERY extravagant for me, but they are sooo pretty. So that knocked my good intentions on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dotty red! I have no stash, which is why my own quilt is sitting unfinished. I'm waiting for the calico to be on sale before I buy fabric for the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red and white is gorgeous Ulla. Well done on your stash use in May.

    I've been hiding from my craft room lately but am about to sew the elf block together for today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your red and white quilt! Gorgeous! I've been taken by the look of these "modern quilts" and just have to make one!

    Can't wait to see your strings project-now that my big quilt is done, I'm thinking pot holders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your red and white quilt is gorgeous!! LOVE it!! Can't wait to see your string project!! Love the colours...your stash must be enormous!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great that you actually decreased your stash, Ulla! Love the dotty quilt and I can't wait to see the secret revealed!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi