Saturday 27 June 2020

Flowers and yarn rest doings

I found a plastic bag with de-knitted skeins of light grey wool. It was once a mini dress I had knitted as a school girl, then outgrown  and abandoned. With it in the bag were two balls of green 90 % wool inherited from by grandmother, so what would be a better choice than to crochet granny squares with them and other, smaller rest yarn balls? Another dozen like these, and then I can start joining them.


I had a self-striping yarn I had used to make this pair of socks which I never really liked much, so I decided to tame the yarn


 with dark blue and the Broken Seed stitch, and I think I succeeded.


The Finnish Summer is short and intensive. Suddenly everything bursts into bloom and the air is full of lovely scents. The two darker reds of my peonies are withered already, but these pink flower heads are so big and heavy that the stems bend almost to the ground. 


All roses are in bloom except for the domestic Midsummer rose which only lasted a week, the Midsummer week.


These roses are doing so well after Mr K. moved them to the front garden.


My father loved yellow roses so I wanted one too.


This year my flower-box annuals don't look very good. For some reason I picked plants that are all the same height, but at least these two look good together. 


We are having a heat wave, almost all time record temperatures for June, and in our local +30 C I'm melting and tired.

3 comments:

  1. Quite a find of your old wool, and yes, granny squares are just the right thing :-)
    Nice pictures of your garden,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have used the in knitted wool for the granny squares and the re knitted socks look great.
    Sew many beautiful flowers in the garden....
    Oh that is hot for you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers in your garden. It is very hot and humid here, warm nights :-(
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi