This has been a productive month after all. I have used lots of fabrics (5.3 m in May) from my stash to make the QAYG blocks I have already shown in my last post, but I wanted to use the too short bits as well, and started making crumble blocks to clear the sewing table. I tried to use colour themes for the blocks:
I even used tiny triangles to make squares to start a block:
Sometimes there were no matching fabrics long enough for the last 6½" side, so I pieced them too:
At the end of the project I noticed I was trying to make log cabin blocks with no system at all.
Finally I had my blocks, packed the remaining scraps in the plastic bag and looked under my desk: No bits wider than 1" in the waste!
I estimate the blocks used up about 1.5 m fabric. Hip hurrah! The Raggedy Friends Quilt took about 3.7 m; I have been working on it since last July, but not counted the fabrics until now that it is finished.
I used 2.7 m for a jacket and lining, and 0.9 m for a slip, and gave away 0.7 m fabric for the Bag Club ladies, which is also counted as using my stash. This means that 14.8 m of fabrics have stopped being in my stash! On the other hand, I have only bought 2.2 m new fabrics, balancing very well the ugly results of April. Now I can feel relaxed and think about the fabric store selling all fabrics for 40 % off, as there is not much time left.
I waited for the apple trees to look like whipped cream again to take a lovely picture, but before I could really see the blossoms, white petals were blowing in the wind! I hope it was warm enough for the bees to fly so there will be apples in September.
In October Mr. K and I planted some Phlox Subulata on the slope facing the street.
They survived the Winter very well and are blooming now!
The narcissi are blooming for the first time in their new place, last year they just made buds.
Today is the first day of Summer, and at my time it meant the beginning of a three month summer vacation. Have a happy Summer, holiday or not!