Friday 2 January 2009

January Cleaning

New Year means looking back on the past year and forward to new challenges. I have been cleaning my sidebar, where I have been keeping a long list of links so everyone could see all the wonderful quilts these talented ladies made during the Summer 2008, using only fabrics from their stash for the top, and in most cases for the whole quilt. It started with an idea between Eileen and me; I was feeling guilty for having so much fabrics in my stash and wanted a goal and a deadline, and someone to share this effort with. Eileen has many readers, and after she had posted about our challenge, others started asking her if they could join in. Eileen made a callenge logo using pictures of her fabrics and mine, and finally we had over fifty names on the participants list. At the end of the Summer Eileen made this other logo for those who had succeeded and posted about their finished quilt.




Looking back at last year, the challenge was the most important effort for me. I don't want this fun and laborious project to disappear with my sidebar cleaning, so I collected all the links to this post, to remind us all of the people and quilts involved. Through this challenge I learned to know many lovely and interesting quilters, and I thought you might want to see their blogs, too.

Here is a list of links to all the posts telling about quilts finished on time for the Summer Stash Challenge 2008



I don't know if there will be a new challenge hosted by either of us this year, but during this first year in the blog world I have already found out that there are always challenges, swaps and other projects going on somewhere. I hope everyone finds just the right ones to join! I will start keeping an eye on something suitable for me. I wish you all a productive, stash-deminishing year of quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for joint hosting the mammoth task Ulla. It was fun and I am making an effort this year to diminish my fabric yet again after those charity shop hauls.

    Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. I echo what Melanie said.. it was totally your inspiration for us all. You have such a knack for using thins up.. I admire that so much.
    Thanks you also for being my friend. It has been a wonderful year for making new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved being a part of your summer stash challenge...and i wanted to thank you for your visits during my birthday celebration...i truly appreciate it! ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi