Friday 5 December 2008

The postman is busy

Yesterday I opened the first box of Christmas decorations. These three little angels came to stand on the fireplace edge. I don't know if this can be called a mantelpiece, as there is no wooden shelf (like I dream of having). I made the angels many years ago.




Last night was also the last sewing group meeting. We gave our teacher an Amaryllis, and I made this gift bag for it using Suzie's tutorial:


The buds will be open before Christmas!

I did some opening before Christmas, too. Yesterday I reaceived a heavy parcel from Melanie. She is such a sweet friend and seems to have endless energy. Inspired by my vintage copper things she had found this set of three small copper pans for me.



Have a closer look at the little basket filled with sweets:



Three Santas with the lovely gifts and Christmas trees with stars on top like we have up here. Thank you so much, Melanie!


Today my good luck continued. I had mail from USA, my Secret Stitching Angel Swap partner Marie sent me the swap gift together with a giveaway gift I won at her blog:



A quilting magazine, thimble brooch, snowman and snowflake buttons, dark chocolate (yumm...), embroidered towels ...


and the swap pincushion big enough to hold long quilting pins safely. Thank you, Marie!
This is a wonderful time of the year! We remember our friends near and far, and even if we don't keep contact all the time, at Christmas we send cards and updates and letters ... and even gifts to people who are important for us. I really like making and sending cards and little presents, and receiving them is at least as much fun. OK, I admit, it is even more fun, and many times also fattening. Which is often the same thing.

4 comments:

  1. So happy your package arrived safely.Please know you are the special angel and it was wonderful to have been able to blog with you and meet a new friend. Thank you for the award you gave me and my son will put it on my blog as I still don't know how to add things like that. I can't wait to award the other poeple. thanks so much. Many blessings and hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ulla, I loved your mantle angels. What beautiful parcels of goodies. Those snowmen are so sweet.:-) Glad you liked the santa cup. It's amazing this blogland of sharing.

    You are so special- your wonderful parcel came this morning so I felt like I was having tea with you and Tracy (Pink Purl). Thank you so much. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your angels are so lovely! They look just perfect there! Melanie sent you beautiful presents, the Santa's stitchery is so neat! And so are Marie's! Christmas is a very special and wonderful time of the year indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little plaid angels are so adorable there on the mantel. It really is fun taking out Christmas ornaments year after year.
    Oh I LOVE all the stuff you got from melanie! Those copper pots are awesome!! and I have adored her little Christmas baskets from the begining.
    The chenile pin cushion.. very nice. It really is a wonderful time of year, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi