Wednesday 9 July 2008

Sweet surprise

On Monday I had the sweetest surprise mail from Suzie. She was my first PIF contact and I have just shown what I sent her. Now she wanted to thank me and sent me this cute little name panel to wear in class or meetings:








And to help me find the page I was reading last night, she has sewn me this most beautiful bookmark in my favourite colours:




It is only 6,4 cm/2½" wide so you can imagine how tiny the log cabin pieces are. And all corners are sharp! She is a very clever girl, so maybe you should go to her blog and sign her PIF to get something hand made by her. All you need to do is tell her you want to join in her PIF and then publish the rules in your blog, promising to send handmade gifts to the three first persons signing in on your blog to continue this game. There is still one name missing on my list too.

My summer stash challenge quilt is still waiting for progress. I have bought a new backing on Monday, to replace the too small one. Unfortunately this was the last bit the shop had and it ist not very much bigger than the first one, but the colour goes better with the top. Today I will iron the washed backing and sew the seam in the middle and make the sandwich. My wadding has been lying flat since the day I bought it so it will certainly not be bumpy any more. I hope to post some progress pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the quilt progress Ulla. Wow that is an exquisite bookmark. I was muttering about the small 1" blocks I was using on this Autumn Quilt. That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry me again: I had to do a meme today ...want to play some tag? You're it!!

    List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your Summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.

    I thought this was a good way of sharing a little more than crafting.

    Best Wishes,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet are those PIF pressies...I can't believe anyone can make something that small and accurate...wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi