Thursday 27 August 2009

Vintage Thingies 38 - Children's Coffee Set

Time flies when you ought to be doing something and end up just thinking about doing it. It is Thursday again, and I'm participating in Suzanne's Vintage Thingies Thursaday. You will find all the links here at the end of the post.




I have shown you earlier my hand painted teacups. The next set was in the same cupboard. This again is something I have received from my mother when I was all grown up.



It is a coffee set for three. My mother has played with them when she was a child, in the 1920's.



These are the saucers, with three different children playing with kitchenware.

This little plate is not from the set, it has a different manufacturer's stamp on the back. But here also the child is in black and there is a duck, too.

I had a new doll size tea set from my grandparents when I was little, but there was nothing left of it when I was grown and wanted to take it with me. Maybe mother gave me this set to replace my loss!



Have you ever noticed that when you have found
something nice, you suddenly bump into similar
things in many places? Well, in the latest issue of
Kodin Kuvalehti, my women's magazine, was an
article about a lovingly renovated summer cottage.
The owner could participate in VTT every week for
a couple of years with her treasures! I just wanted
to show you her blue and white towel rack cover
and her butter crock, which is a little bigger than
mine and has a different flower decoration.

Don't you just love her kitchen?





Have a lovely VTT!

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dish set. Your mother gifted you with such a wonderful gift!
    Thank you for sharing your treasure.
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a darling little coffee set & that little plate is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old children's dishes are so cute. Makes me feel like a child again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What absolutely adorable little dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to have something that your mother treasured as a child. Lovely dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that kitchen is really great!

    I love those dishes...very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many very special treasures. That's my type of kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cottage look with the kitchen. Your dishes are cute.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice of your mother to save this for you, Ulla! That kitchen is so bright and cheery - how fun to find some of the same things you have in it!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful and sweet little dish set. I love the way they captured childhood in such a simple and innocent way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Ulla, I do love that kitchen. Your coffee set is so adorable; I'd use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling set of dishes. Love the little children.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet treasure your mother passed on to you. The little dishes are so sweet. Happy VTT..have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the kitchen, and love your little dishes, those are really sweet. Have a great VTT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My, my what treasures you have. The little tea sets are darling and you have taken excellent care of the. I wish I had more of my past, but it is too late now. Thanks for leaving a comment. I am doing a special post on Tuesday 9-1. Check it if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful set! Love the 20s graphics and the little bit of color here and there! Beautiful!

    That is a great kitchen...doesn't it make you feel good that your style is copied and featured in a magazine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your child's tea set is lovely. My Mother has part of a child's set from her mother, and I have a tiny dolls' tea set from when my sister and I were little. Miniatures are so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I love her kitchen! And the children's tea set is so adorable, you are very lucky for having them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes I love the freshness of that kitchen. The tea set you Mother gave you is so charming a little like the silhouettes of nursery rhyme books at the time.

    I have a lot of catching up to do with you again. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi