Sunday 10 February 2008

Cloudy days are best used for planning

Today the weather is really nothing like this, our little bit of snow is once again almost gone and there is water on the icy parts of the road. Slippery, grey and wet.



This was taken a little over a week ago, and this is how I would like it to be.
My sewing projects are not proceeding during weekends, but I have been thinking of many nice things I could do. For example, tactile books for little children, with fabric pages and clear images. Just pictures of forms for the very little ones, and for the bigger ones 8-page stories. A few years ago I took part in a contest for such books for the Celia library for the visually disabled. It took me nearly a month to make that book, and I woudn't have finished it without Kaija's professional help. She taught me how to bind the pages to a book that opens well although the pages were thick. It was worth it, I won the second price in the series Salaisuuksien kirja, or A Book of Secrets, for children up to 12 years. The price was a Kalevala Koru silver necklace. The books I'm now thinking about would be soft ones, machine washable and all. But there is still a lot of thinking to do, and to help that thinking I'm going to put the kettle on and have some tea to cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi