There it is! My Grandmother's garden quilt took the summers of eleven years, a long maturing period of four and a half years and finally two months of rather intensive quilting with the support of my virtual friends and my sewing group. I feel a little empty now. Yesterday was busy, I cut and sewed the bindings and finally signed the quilt. Then I put it in the washing machine, and this morning it was dry. The wadding didn't shrink as much as I was afraid it might do. The colours and the feel of the quilt are fresher now. I had storaged the blocks in a basket for the long period this quilt needed to be finished, and they were dusty. I also had marked the blocks with masking tape (not to be recommended!) and left the tapes there for several years. The stains washed away! I had already bought some acetone for stain removal, but luckily I don't need it for this.
My embroidery skills have not developed very well, but this can be read. I had to document the time spent on this quilt, although there has never before been such intensive period like this year's.
I still have to work on the hanging system, the knots in my fishing line are not totally reliable.