Wednesday 2 April 2008

Working for my fabric diet

This is something I found on Saturday when I was digging in my boxes:





And after a little thinking I did this on Monday:





And some of this, too.




Later I will show you what became of it. These were leftover pieces from my Friendship star quilt.

Yesterday I had wonderful news from my daughter Kaija. She won the second price in a big bookbinding competition. You can read more here. I'm proud to have a talented daughter, and especially glad that her talent is in her hands as well as in her mind and her heart.

4 comments:

  1. <3 (se ois niinku sydän)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ulla. Thanks for the comment, I love that my cloth is so prominent on that web page. Your patchwork looks so neat....it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så underbart att dina barn är intresserade. Mina är måttfulla, men jag har några barnbarn som går in och läser på min blogg, och jag tror att dom kommer att uppskatta de 7 brudkistorna som jag gör (en till varje barnbarn)sedan är det upp till dem att göra vad dom vill med "konstverken", kanske de kan bli lika betydelsefulla som de gamla handarbetena som min mamma och mormor satt och gjorde. En god idé är att tänka på "andras barn" vilket jag skall göra.
    Ha en skön morgondag.
    Ewa-Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi