Tuesday 26 January 2010

Last Christmas Wish Blocks

This weekend I finished stitching Gail Pan designs'  Christmas Wish BOM blocks. Here are the last three, happy



Noel



and magic



Today I have been cutting the sashings. I have decided to allow myself a fun sewing project only after I have sewn something useful first. This means mending Mr. K's trouser pocket. After changing zippers, that is my least favourite reparation. The trousers are otherwise in good condition so I better change a black spool and bobbin in the machine and get it done.

5 comments:

  1. By the time I have finished this, you will be done! beautiful blocks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Oooo, I just dislike mending or sewing something useful. I find it boring. But yet it has to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Ulla! Isn't it nice to reward yourself after doing a mundane chore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mending...actually I feel so virtuous after finishing that its worth it!
    I love these embroideries! Does Finnish have all the same letters as English or do you have some extra? In Irish (Gaelic) the alphabet is traditionally just 19 enlish type letters but has several other symbols not found in other languages. My Mom used to write old Gaelic but you hardly ever see it now. I'm just curious.

    And I laughed at your comment about our piled up coffee table!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Ulla those came together quite quickly.

    I am like that with the ironing- a piece of fabric then a shirt. Son who supposedly likes ironing hasn't put in an appearance for a while.

    Have fun with the sashing. :-) I am having a coffee here thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi