Saturday 13 December 2014

Scandinavian Christmas once again

Two years ago we had a sew-along to make Lynette Anderson's Scandinavian Christmas quilt together. Melanie and I started it together, and some others joined us. I made the quilt using my own fabrics. I really had no place to hang it, and it was too small for a lap quilt for the nursery home. Then I got the idea of putting it to use in another way.


My sister P knew some ladies who raise money for good causes. The Zonta ladies' Fistula Project sounded like something I wanted to support. So finally my little quilt was the raffle prize at a larger Zonta meeting, and they managed to raise €420 or $530, which sounds like even more money.


Then two of the ladies came to thank me, and brought me all these yellow roses to lighten up my day. Happy End!



8 comments:

  1. Dear Ulla,
    what a wonderful quilt and nice idea to have it raffeled. How generous of you. The roses are beautiful and very well deserved.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, miten ihana peitto ja hyvään tarkoitukseen meni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ulla your generosity will help a wonderful group.
    The roses are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a kind and generous thing to do and how sweet to receive yellow roses in return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story. I like it when quilts become more than just bed coverings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look up and mine is on the wall above my head. I still can't believe we did that many red crosses! I think I may still have a nervous tick about them. :-) Well done for donating it to such a good cause. The roses look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the perfect quilt for a perfect cause!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi