Sunday 22 June 2008

Rhubarb Tarte fine

This is the easiest baking you can imagine. The recipe is here . The website belongs to my favourite TV program in Swedish, Strömsö. It is all about crafting and cooking and gardening and building and decorating, and it mostly happens in a real house where these nice people are crafting and decorating and so on. Anyway, all you need is this ready made puff pastry (I hope this is the correct term. I saw it today on blog with the same kind of positive crafty energy as Strömsö, Meet me at Mike's, in Pip's Sunday lunch recipe, and the picture looked like the stuff I mean); and some rhubarb and lots of fine ground sugar. Roll the pastry sheets a little thinner, slice the rhubarb lengthwise and spread on the pastry sheets, leaving a narrow edge uncovered on all sides. Then sprinkle a sufficient amount of sugar on top. Bake in 225 degrees C until they look fine, 15 - 20 minutes. Serve with (home made) vanilla sauce or with ice cream.





I think I will try this later with apple slices and cinnamon.

4 comments:

  1. Wow this looks lovely, may I have a bit??
    I will come back later and pick up the recepie..
    I have been taking a sneek peak at you SSC project and I am impressed.
    I am lokking forward to see more another time. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo this is interesting- sort of a topless rhubarb strudel. I'll add puff pastry to my shopping list- we've lots of rhubarb in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. My husband would LOVE this. He is always after me to make rhubarb pie. But I would rather be at the sewing machine than at the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious! i love rhubarb... and simple recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi