Friday 4 December 2009

Full Moon

Finally I caught the full moon last night after sewing class:




This was half past eight in the evening, and the moon was already small and high up in the sky. We had a last class before Christmas, and everyone brought something to share. We had hot Glögi (spiced black currant juice), blueberry pie and gingerbread with a chat, and only did a little sewing.
The sun is up for about 6 hours and 15 minutes today in Helsinki, so it is about the same here where I live. Up in the north the sun has set on November 25th and will rise again on January 17th for an hour. Around Christmas are the shortest days of the year, and the sun will be up for about 5 hours and 50 minutes. It helps to think that in six months the sun will be down just a little over 4 hours during the night.

3 comments:

  1. Eerie and beautiful at the same time. How fun to share goodies and chat with sewing friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ulla it is a lot darkness during the winther but i do not think I can be without it. I try to get some light on nice days and in the evening I often light some candels so I can get some "joy" .
    We are over november and Christmas is almost here so weare past the worst darkness. Take care .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine having such a short day. I struggle to match fabrics in the amount of daylight we get here in the Winter. I ought to manage my time a lot better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi