Saturday 19 December 2009

What do you need a spade for in Christmas cleaning?

On Friday was the coldest day so far, -22 C (-7.6F). I decided to use a spade for Christmas cleaning.



I took our red Oriental carpet out, but it didn't fly me away to warm places. It was dusty. So I needed the spade to do this:



Then I brushed the snow this way and that way and on the other side too.




And so I had a bright clean fresh nice carpet! (And very very cold fingers in my mittens.)
Have a nice weekend! I'm visiting my mother today.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is incredible! Well I know what I'm going to be doing next time it snows!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder when we get snow if I do this with my carpet it'll remove Abby hair too? :o) Great tip. Stay warm and enjoy your mom's visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tip. Now I just need more snow to experiment with. We had a few showers of snow today but then the rain washed a lot of it away.

    Shame your rug didn't take you on an adventure like in "The Phoenix and the Flying Carpet" by E Nesbit. I think it was the least it could've done to warm your hands. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For everyone who is planning to try this: You need COLD weather, below freezing point, DRY snow, and let the carpet cool before spreading it on the snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Kiitos käynnistä, voit kommentoida myös suomeksi